Study of computer science at
Faculty of Informatics of
Masaryk University in Brno, Czech
Master degree in computer science, excellent rating. Master thesis
focused on logic programming.
Post-graduate study of computer science at
Faculty of Informatics of
Masaryk University, focused on logic
programming. Quit unfinished.
Partially employed at Foresta SG. a.s. Working as a system
administrator and programmer. Administration of various Unix systems,
especially GNU/Linux. GIS related programming and programming of
system administration utilities. Programming in C/C++, AWK, shell,
Python on Unix and MS Windows.
Employed at PVT, a.s., the Internet division (PVT.NET).
Development of internal tools supporting ISP operation, mostly based on
the PostgreSQL and MySQL database engines and the Python language
environment, running on GNU/Linux systems.
Employed at Qbizm technologies, a.s. One of the core designers
and developers of the Web development component toolkit called
HyperQbs. Work on documentation processing and testing utilities.
Development in Java/J2EE, using XML, GNU/Linux platform.
Free-lance work. One of the core designers and developers of a framework
for customizable and efficient specification of screen forms with
database bindings defined by specifications written in Python. The
framework served for implementation of the banking and accounting
system EBAS. It was implemented using Python, PostgreSQL, wxWindows,
Lout. Design and implementation of a simple intranet Web based
Employed at BRAILCOM, o.p.s. Continued work on the EBAS project
framework. Later work on software projects for the blind and visually
impaired, mostly within the scope of the Free(b)soft project. Namely:
Cooperation on the design of Speech Dispatcher and the SSIP protocol;
primary author of the speechd-el speech output user interface to Emacs;
primary author of the festival-freebsoft-utils package extending
functions provided by the Festival speech synthesis system; primary
author of the Czech software synthesis implemented in the Festival
speech synthesis system; maintenance of the related Debian packages;
implementation of a simple e-mail based bug tracking system.
Besides this, I participated on the following smaller projects:
- Czech support for Emacs: the emacs-czech package and later the Czech
supporting files in Emacs distribution
- New Prolog mode for Emacs
- Xtla -- Emacs support for the GNU Arch revision control system
- Automated conversion of Python documentation to Info format
- gnats2w -- yet another Web interface to GNU GNATS
I also use to submit small patches to many other pieces of software I
Experience And Special Skills
I have got direct experience in the following roles:
- Software design
- Software implementation
- Documentation writing, processing and reviewing
- Automated software testing
- Packaging and integration
- Free Software project leadership
Software development areas:
- System programming
- System administration utilities
- Database programming (SQL)
- Application and user interface programming
- Web programming
- GIS programming
- Bug tracking systems
- Software packaging and distribution
Programming languages and techniques:
- Procedural programming (C, C++)
- Logic programming (Prolog, Mercury)
- Declarative programming (Prolog, Mercury, SQL)
- Object oriented programming (Common Lisp, Python, Java, C++)
- High-level programming (Common Lisp, Elisp, Python, CLIM)
- Scripting (shell, AWK, Python)
I like work involving interesting challenges, providing opportunities to
learn new things and demanding competence rather than quick and dirty
Last modified: 2009-02-19 08:18 UTC.